At Sun Bright, we appreciate your commitment and contribution to our success.
Benefits Offered at Sun Bright
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time off | Paid Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Through Teach
- Childcare Discount
Each year, we strive to offer benefit plans to our employees that not only reward you for your hard work but
offer you and your family comprehensive and affordable health and wellness protection. We are confident you
will find our benefit offerings to be of excellent value to you and to your dependents.
In the following pages, you will find a summary of our benefit plans for November 1 through October 30. Please read this
guidebook carefully as you prepare to make your elections for the Plan Year to ensure you select the coverage
that is right for you.
This Benefits Guide describes the highlights of Sun Bright Services’ benefits program in non-technical
language. Your specific rights to benefits under the plan are governed solely, and in every respect, by the
official plan documents, and not the information in this guidebook.
If there is any discrepancy between the descriptions of the program’s elements as contained in this
benefits guidebook and the official plan documents, the language in the official plan documents shall
prevail as accurate. Please refer to the plan-specific documents published by each of the respective
carriers for detailed plan information. You should be aware that any and all elements of Sun Brights Services’
benefits program may be modified in the future, at any time, to meet Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rules,
or otherwise as decided by Sun Bright.
The Plan Year for Sun Bright benefit programs begins on Nov 1 and ends on Oct 30.
All full time and part time employees who are regularly scheduled to work at least 20 hours per
week are eligible to participate. Full-time employees working at least 30 hours per week are
eligible for some of the benefit plan options. Eligibility begins the
first day of the month following completion of the initial 60 day waiting period.
Employees who are eligible to participate in Sun Bright benefit programs may also enroll
their dependents. For the purpose of our benefit plans, your dependents are defined as follows:
• Your legal spouse or domestic partner (special rules apply for domestic partner coverage).
• Dependent “Child(ren)” for medical and dental are defined as married or unmarried and
includes natural; foster, including any children placed with you for adoption; stepchildren;
legally adopted; responsible under court order; grandchildren in your court-ordered custody;
and any other child with whom you have a parent-child relationship. They do not need to
reside with you to be eligible for medical or dental coverage.
• Your unmarried children of any age who are mentally or physically disabled and totally
dependent upon you for support (proof of condition and dependence must be submitted).
• For medical and dental, your children are covered to the end of the calendar month when
they reach age 26. For Voluntary Life—children are covered to age 24 (must be unmarried;
and solely dependent on your support)
CHANGING YOUR BENEFITS
Per Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rules, employees may only enroll in benefit plans once per
year. As such, your benefit choices are binding through October 30. The following Qualifying Life
Events are special circumstances that enable you to change your benefits during the plan year:
• Birth, adoption or placement for adoption of an eligible child
• Divorce, legal separation or annulment of marriage
• Loss of spouse’s job or change in work status (when coverage is maintained through
• A significant change in your or your spouse’s health coverage due to your spouse’s
• Death of spouse or dependent
• Loss of dependent status
• Employer-directed transfers to facilities out of the benefits network
• Becoming eligible for Medicare or Medicaid during the plan year
• Receiving a Qualified Medical Child Support Order
Sun Bright offers three comprehensive medical / prescription drug plan options through Independence Blue Cross and Blue Shield: Two Qualified High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP), and a version of an HMO plan which serves as an open access In-Network only plan.
Employees working over 20 hours per week are eligible to participate in one of Sun Bright medical programs.